Monday, August 30, 2010

pom rug!

As most of you know (or at least I'd hope you know if you're a blog reader), I'm moving into a charming little house in september (which is frighteningly only two days away)! As many of you don't know - my new place is carpet-less and as such I've been keeping my eyes peeled for neat rug/floor covering related crafty projects to warm up the living room a tad. Well, I'm sure you can imagine how excited I got when I saw this lovely rug online:

Eeee!!! A pom pom rug! And I'll even be percy-less so it will be safe from the yarn devouring mouth of that evil kitty! Design crisis has a whole article on the pom pom phenomenon and how super rad it is to work some poms into your household decor! Even though their link doesn't have instructions, I'm sure I could figure this one out. Bring on the spare time and yarn and then bring on the pom poms! Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. This is meant to be your rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I may have to attempt something like this to cover up my ugly living room carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! You could be done by Christmas if you commit yourself to two or three pompoms a day!

    Of course, I imagine the dust that thing holds is revolting. Best buy a tennis racquet with which to beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, seriously, that pom pom rug is awesome. I soooooo want to make one too! Doooo iiiiit!

    ReplyDelete