Sunday, April 10, 2011

common law bliss and next week teaser

Last week I came home from work to find a wee wrapped present waiting for me:


Excited as ever I opened the little pink bow to find a tiny crochet square with gorgeous geometric cube gold earrings:


Although that last shot doesn't do them justice - let me assure you they are perfect. Simple, classic, and shiny the studs will certainly make it into my daily wardrobe and although leslie tells me gold if awful, I think they are wonderful (oh and gold goes awesomely with my red head/fair complexion):


When I asked wonderful doting fraser what the occasion was for such a nice surprise he told me it was my "common law present." Yup, looks like time has flown living together and we are officially (or at least legally) common law. How nice.

In other news I've got big plans for the blog (and my etsy shop) this upcoming week - ready for it? Behold!


Starting tomorrow I will interrupt your regular scientific culture blog scheduling to bring you 7 days for 7 fantastic felt accessories! Finally all my pent up creativity will explode as I challenge myself to make a brooch a day for the entire week. I'll be posting the brooches on the blog for your viewing (and hopefully commenting) pleasure each morning and then I'll list them in my etsy shop at some point during the day! I'm excited! How about you?

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your brooches. I picked up one of your mustaches yesterday at FROCK. I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation! Time sure flies by. It doesn't seem like a year since you and Fraser moved in together. Fraser is a keeper. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only been 6 months, Mom. And I didn't say gold is awful, I said "Too bad they're gold" because I prefer silver. Or platinum! They're kind of cute, anyway.

    Getting exciting to see the brooches... and the one that I'm SURE will be in the mail for me asap.... right??? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss... I can't wait to see the brooches!
    Congrats on your common law anniversary/ marriage :)

    ReplyDelete