Saturday, July 23, 2011

Market Saturday!

Good morning (if you are reading this in the morning that is...)! Today is my second run at the Kamloops Artisan's Market (part of the weekly farmer's market) and I even have some fresh new goodies to sell this week. Want to see what they are? Here is a hint:


What's that you ask? Something to go around your neck perhaps? Maybe with some of my illustrations on them? Why yes! You are correct! I've made new glass tile necklaces and rings I'm selling! Here they are on a jewelry tree I bought during our cruise for my craft booth:


So what's your verdict? I couldn't think of a better way to show them off (since they all have different little anthropomorphized cuties on them) while still not taking up too much horizontal space. I really hope the ceramic tree thing works out and I will be sure to tape that baby down to the table so it doesn't break in the outdoor (probable) winds. Let's take a closer peek at the rings I whipped up:


Aren't they cute? I tried to go with some designs that are popular and that I would like to wear in ring form and even though I boogered up a few of them (not pictured and going straight into the garbage) I am pretty pleased with the ones that did turn out. The necklaces are particularly fun (in my mind) and totally worth the three nights of crafting to make them. Let's take a peek at Al (the love robot) in pendant form:


Hehe! I've decided to sell the necklaces for $15 and the rings for $10 (although the prices are subject to change depending on you guys think/how they sell)! Like I mentioned above, they do take three nights to complete which is quite the time consuming project and although I am sure I will get better with the crafting technique in the future, right now there is a fair bit of waste associated with the process. So I'm dying to know what you think! Which designs would you like to wear in necklace or ring form? Any thoughts on a better way to display them (I have a feeling little hands will rip the neatness of my ceramic tree to bits)? Are you coming to the market today to say hi? I sure hope so! I'll be there from 8 til noon! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. We will see you soon! Well, maybe not to soon as Leslie is still in bed. I am ready though. I guess I should go stomp around upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the necklaces are great, and I think $15 is a good price for them. Mind you, I have no real idea about the whole crafting world, but I can honestly say that they look awesome and if there's any kind of rightness in the world, they'll sell by the drove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The necklaces and rings are AMAZING! I think they look even better in real life than they do in the pictures. Still shots don't seem to capture their awesome shininess or something. SOOOoooooo great. I totally should have bought one. Maybe in August when we're back! I'd love the T-Rex as a necklace instead of a ring. Reminds me of Mr.T, which reminds me, Jean is 10 months old today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the T-Rex ring! And I really like the ceramic tree. I hope your stall does really well today ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very nice indeed :) I especially like the fox and robot ones... Hope your stall went well today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! they look great! I hope I get at least one Saturday off while you are selling to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! I love the robots too:)

    And the jewelry tree is a great display idea!

    ReplyDelete