Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marvelous Enveloperie

Kirsty of Ginger and George had a wonderful (and possibly the world's easiest) tutorial over on her blog the other day and I just needed to share it with you! All you need to do is get some double sided tape, cut up some old security envelopes (you know the ones bank statements come in so you can't see through them?), and get decorative taping! Hurrah! As an avid pen-pal-er I'm always saving scraps of interesting paper for card making and the fun repeated/geometric patterns on the back of envelopes are super fun! Just take a look at some of her uses from her deco tape diy:


Ah! So wonderful! I think I would actually take this tutorial one step further (and easier since it wouldn't involve me having to go out and buy double sided tape) and just use a glue stick to adhere the strips of envelope...but then that isn't really a "diy" project more as a "look at the neat paper I found" type deal. Oh well - regardless it is a fun idea and perfect for all the card making and letter writing I will get up to once I move at the end of August! Hooray for new post friends! How about you? Do you dabble in pen palery?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh these are really fun - might have to do something similar soon :D That is once I start being creative again...have been singularly uninspired for the past two days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dabble in penpalery. But these days, far too rarely. :(

    ReplyDelete