Monday, July 11, 2011

Surprise Yeti!

As you may recall, I made up a bunch of little free gifts to give to my blog readers at my last craft show in Kelowna. I only had the pleasure of meeting one follower that weekend and since then ran into one more blog friend at the Artisan's Market a few weekends ago. It is so nice to be able to give my thanks back to my beloved followers and since I've only given away two of my freebie prizes, I have quite a few left over:

Link
Since the thank you cards and wee gifts have been burning a hole in my pocket, I decided to share my appreciation to more of my readers (and not just the local ones) by giving them away at random based on blog post comments! The first freebie goes to Alex of Creating Trouble for her charming yeti comment on my blog fail this past Saturday. She'll be getting her very own (not blog failing) thumbs up yeti pin in the mail:


Hooray! I really hope she likes her new pin and even though I'm far from successful enough to be able to afford any huge giveaways at the moment, I figure it is a nice little way to show my appreciation in the meantime! So how do you join in on the chance to get your own scientific culture "thanks for being awesome and reading my blog" prizes? Just keep on being great and reading! I'll be giving out the other buttons based on blog comments for the rest of the summer so stay tuned! And most of all, a big thank you to each and every one of you who takes time out of your busy lives to listen to my crafty rambles! You rock!

5 comments:

  1. Aww thank you! Rather weirdly I was just linking a post over to your site when I saw this post! Ha, great minds.... Looking forwards to Yeti pin: he is super cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that the person who won the prize is the first one to comment on the post! Good luck to the next person! (Mothers should be excluded)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS! Kate's mother should be excluded. Not mothers in general. from Kate's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea! How are you choosing randomly? I've seen some sites that use those random number generators. I'd be in favour of putting everyone's name in a hat, too, since names in hats are cool!

    Do I get a blog reader prize if I come to the Artisan's Square on the 23rd?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! I think it's actually an even better idea than a regular, big giveaway. This way your loyal fans and regular readers get appreciated, and not just those who are here for the big giveaway :) Nice choice, Kate :)

    ReplyDelete