Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One line Journal

Every few years I decide to start a daily project. In 2001 I did a daily journal, in 2009 I did daily blog posts (which I am more or less still sticking with), and in 2011 I started a daily sketch book. If you've ever committed to a daily task I'm sure you know how difficult it can be. In fact, I've completely misplaced my sketch a day book and think that excuse of it being m.i.a. with the move is a perfect excuse for me not drawing in it since July. Well I'm happy to find out that I am not the only person who can't find the time to dedicate to once a day projects and Kate Pruitt from Design Sponge came up with the perfect solution. Now you can have the wonderful pleasure of your very own window into the past and only have to commit to one line a day with your very own calendar journal:


Isn't that neat? I think I'd like to switch the berry basket out for something a bit more decorative (perhaps a recipe box of sorts?), but otherwise I'm all over this! Sure it will take a good while to get to that "hey, two years ago I binged on candy corn and went to the fair", but I think it would be fun to start! What do you think? Will I be able to keep up with this?

2 comments:

  1. After the "start-up" I think it would be easy to keep up! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I think I could do it, since the examples are so freakin' short. I always get hung up on things taking too long. You could do this at the end of every week, and just sit down to remember what you did each day. Might have to give this a try, if I can find an appropriate box. (Ditto re: the berry basket)

    ReplyDelete