Saturday, November 12, 2011

Near Sighted Awesome

When I saw this amazing tutorial for an autumnal/wintry cowl scarf from the Near Sighted Owl, I knew I had to share it with you! Why you may wonder - lots of reasons! In fact...here's a list:

1) The Near Sighted Owl is a super fun blog. I found it the other day when searching through the internet and fell in love. Rachele is so awesome and her posts are all adorable!

2) I love cowl scarves (and extra handmade layering pieces are always necessary)

3) I'm always cold (therefore scarves = smart)

4) It is a crochet pattern so I actually have the skills to make it!

5) The instructions are illustrated!

and

6) It is super chic and simple so the project will be short and sweet! My fav!

If that wasn't enough to convince you, then just take a gander at how cute the cowl looks on Rachele:


Isn't it perfect? I would never have thought to crochet the strips of yarn like that (for some reason all the crochet scarves I've made involve a super long starting chain (so sideways compared to this pattern)! I also like how the cowl doesn't scream "I am crocheted" and kind of sneakily looks knitted. But enough about me! Time to find some wool and some time and get my hook going! What do you think? Up to the challenge of making one with me?

2 comments:

  1. That is super cool! I love her tattoos, too. I'd never be able to pull that off, but I often admire them.

    Maybe I'll knit or crochet up some cowls, after I wear myself out knitting hipster baby headphone hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty! Add another project to my list ... and another blog to check out. Yay! ^_^

    ReplyDelete