Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Find: Becka Rahn

Today's find is none other than my wonderful sponsor - Becka Rahn! This is certainly one talented lady who is truly a talented fiber art and technology geek who fuses old school weaving and embroidery techniques with high tech laser cutting to make some great projects! Just take a peek at my two favourite ornaments she has in her shop:


Aren't they just darling? I love the custom made mini loom and embroidery hoops she uses to make such unique items and with such great textures and colours in there! If you're more of a do it yourself type (which I certainly am) she has a whole assortment of cool DIY kits and patterns in her shop too including game and ornament patterns, loom weaving kits, and fun embroidery and applique online patterns. Here are a few of my faves:


Oh my! What a wonderfully creative lady! I must say the Pyrex and Cathrine Holm Lotus style bowls in the embroidery pattern particularly tickle my fancy, but there are just so many fun piece in her shop! Wouldn't they look neat embroidered in hoops and hung in a kitchen? Oh the possibilities are endless and I am just swimming with inspiration from Becka! I am thrilled that she was kind enough to sponsor my blog and hope you check out her shop and fall in love with her as much as I have! Which item do you like best?

3 comments:

  1. I love the litte bird on the branch. He looks very happy and content. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things... But if I was a bird on a branch, I think that I would be content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that loom ornament. I know nothing about weaving (at all!) but it is very pretty ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely write up! I am totally blushing.
    -- Becka

    ReplyDelete