Saturday, August 11, 2012

Triangle Quilt

Once in a while I get the urge to do some quilting. Of course, a quilt isn't exactly my usual quick and simple project, but this amazing triangle quilt from Happy Together Creates (link) is as close as it gets! Look at those colours:

(source)
 Ah! How wonderful! I love the mix of neutrals and colours and the random arrangement of triangles! I'm in love! The instructions they have on the blog are nice and clear and have loads of pictures and tips too!  I also really like the draw of the quilt's simplicity which is a great place to start for beginners like me. I have successfully completely one quilting project before but since it is hanging on the wall above my mom and dad's bed I certainly don't get to enjoy it very often.  Perhaps I could do a trial run of a triangle quilted wall hanging and see how picky it is to line up all those points! OoOo! Also gives me a great excuse to do a little cotton shopping...What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely idea! Especially the wall hanging part. I have this grand idea of making not one, but two quilts by Christmas. Will it happen? Not likely, but I keep hanging onto links like this just in case! Smaller is more attainable though, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the colours and the simple geometric design ^_^

    ReplyDelete