Saturday, October 20, 2012

Already?

Is it just me or does the xmas stuff seem to come out earlier and earlier each year. Sure Costco had trees out in August, but when I went out grocery shopping this Thursday I discovered that Superstore had all their festiveness on! Trees, decorations, wrapping - the works. Perhaps Canada is trying to take after our neighbours to the south and roll it all out right after Thanksgiving? Isn't it pushing it a bit? There were isles upon isles of holiday cheer vomited all over the right half of the store.  Although I am certainly not prepared to start thinking about the holidays, I was pleasantly surprised by this very lovely ugly xmas sweater inspired tray I spotted:


I am a such sucker for browsing the kitchen section and I tend to have an especially soft spot for trays.  Luckily I am fully stocked on trays at home (which I use all the time for working on crafts on the couch) so this was wasn't necessary but I do enjoy the knit motif.  I've also decided that taking pictures of things I like in stores is a great alternative to buying them. It let's me share and enjoy their cuteness, is remarkably less costly, and ends with me not having a house full of things I never get to use (especially holiday stuff that only comes out for one month of the year). What a plan!

So what do you think? How do you feel about stores putting out holiday merchandise in October? Am I the only one that feels like it's ridiculous? Would you have resisted the $14 knit deer tray?


2 comments:

  1. Skip the holiday tray. I like the idea of several non holiday items, but when they are together look like Christmas. You know when there is a gold tray paired with a green and white striped one, they could be Easter or summer, but they could also be Christmas. Yay for multi purpose. Now that I think of it, that tray could be a great accent idea to go with the other trays. Why am I still commenting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the knit design but I would have resisted, mainly because I already have too many trays! ~_^

    I think that having Christmas things out in October is a bit much, but I do have an exception: craft stores. The craft stores here starting having Christmas craft supplies towards the end of September which I think is pretty resonable, if you're planning on crafting lots of things by December.

    ReplyDelete