Saturday, December 22, 2012

Stockings for Advent

So I was a little late on posting this project - since the month is almost over - but I am so proud of my crafty productivity this December I figured better late than never! I've been drooling over all the cute advent calendar ideas out there and decided to make Fraser his very own using little felt stockings!  Take a peek:


Although I'm sure I could have make my own stockings, I picked these mini ones up from Michaels and wrote the days on them glitter paint pens! Then it was just a matter of hanging them with some stripy butcher twine and fill them up with goodies! I opted for little notes suggesting festive activities to do together, as well as some traditional chocolates, and a few scratch and wins! So far Fraser seems to be enjoying it and I love how they look hanging in our living room! Here's a detail shot so you can see some of the different stocking patterns:


Hooray! I can't wait to reuse this baby year after year - so here's to hoping it holds up! What do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that is such a cool idea! I hope you're both really enjoying them ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! and so much better than those chocolate calendars

    ReplyDelete